Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blog Three: Mary Jo Larson Guest Speaker

I honestly enjoyed Mary Jo's presentation today. I found it to be very enlightening to hear about all that she has accomplished and the impact that she has on the people around her. I felt that she gave off such a great vibe and you could tell that she truly enjoys the work that she does. I liked her ideas on "power" and the three branches of it, "material", "social", and "symbolic." I never viewed power in those senses before, so to figure out how interconnected they all are was an interesting revelation.
Also, when we were listing our role models I found it interesting to see that it wasn't necessarily the person themselves but the characteristics that they embody that make them such role models. It was funny for me to notice that the only person that I put was my mother. It made me disect her a little more and to look deeper into why I viewed her as a role model. I hope that she comes back soon. :0)

No comments: