Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blog # 1

So far this book is very interesting. I feel like I am learning about a lot of the things that we as women may probably go through in the working world especially if we are leaders. The point that Wilson bought up about women not supporting one another in opinion is a very true statement. I can tell anyone from my own personal experiences with Mason's Women Track Team. We were suppose to be a team and it felt like there were three different sections of the team. At meets some teammates wouldn't cheer for one another and everyone would put one another down. As a women I do believe that we look for encouragement from one another. My teammates were like my best friends on campus at one point and it is sad to see us all going after the same thing and not helping each other to obtain it. If we don't support one another then who will? It must start with us first if we really want to get rid of all the stereotypes about women. I must say that the typical stay at home mom and cooking and cleaning mom is not half as popular as it use to be. We have a lot of women out here who take leadership roles and are making a difference in society for future women who would like to be a leader.
I am ready to read more of this book and see what other leadership roles we can take on as women. I hope this book gives me a lot of answers that I have been seeking for.

No comments: