Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blog Five: Response to Articles

I have to agree with Janet Napolitano, Arizona Governor, when she says in the article Operation Pipeline, "The minute you say we've arrived, we start going backward. We're still traveling." (Napolitano, 1). Obviously the statistics back that up when you notice that in the fifty governors we have in this nation, only nine of those are in fact women. Yes, we have powerful women in high political offices like Senator Hilary Clinton, who is also running for the presidency, and Secretary of State Condaleeza Rice, but I think that it still isn't enough. I hope that since our country is forever evolving both socially and politically, it would be awesome to see a woman president or even vice president. To have that female side to things will bring a lot of stability to our young nation in my opinion. I'm not saying that because a woman is president that "everyone is going to get along." I'm just excited about the idea of finally switching our views to incorperate another perspective and ideas...that of a woman. I mean, how can a man possibly vote on a law whether or not to legalize abortions?? Do they have a uterus? Can they have babies? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Brittany K said...

I agree with your view that it would be nice to have a woman's point of view over the nation. It is a very good point that men are voting things that do not affect them. Abortions are always a hot topic for presidential debates. Women would I think renew the nation. And create a different type of morale as a nation. It will be a hard road for the first woman president or vice president. But I think that once this hurdle is crossed then there will be more women that will be empowered to go out and change things.