Thursday, November 15, 2007

Guest Speakers

Robin Gerber and Dean Lucas were great.  They helped me realize that I have to do something that I am passionate about and find the job that fits me.  A couple of years ago I still did not know what my major was going to be.  I was nervous and I felt pressured.  My dad was like why not be a doctor or a lawyer? At the time I was running track and I did not feel like I could balance that and a very hard major.  When I heard that Robin Gerber dropped out of college I was ecstatic.  Look at this woman she has written books and has been a great leader.  I really enjoyed her as a speaker.  She was very funny and down to earth.  Dean Lucas was just as good as Ms. Gerber but I do not think she spoke as much.  Being a Dean is a very big step.  A lot of the times women are principals but when you go to college it always seems to be a male dean.  Also I think that it was a great opportunity to hear from someone who helped write our text.  We were really able to learn about what she think a leader is made of and the necessary skills a leader should have.

1 comment:

Sarah R said...

Unfortunately I was sick and was not able to make it to class. It seems like these two women were very inspirational and I wish I would have been able to hear them. I cannot wait to hear our last and final speaker.